Wednesday, October 14, 2009

copy-paste from my friend's blog ' BUAT JE.."

(julin, kak cumie curi entry julin utk publish dlm blog ni.. halalkan ye.. ngeh ngeh..)

This entry is to motivate my good friend KC and my demotivated best friend PP


Out of nowhere she asked ," How do you start?"
Interesting as that's what I struggle with everyday.

How do you overcome all the lame excuses you try to make? How do you overcome the :
"No mood la"
"Ate too much"
"Ate too little"
"Too hot outside"
"It's raining" ( even tho it's just a drizzle)
"No time"

For an amateur, I think I'm in no place to give out big advices.But the best I could come up with is ~ Don't think, just do.
That's just about it.

When you're tired or down or full or swarmed with work or just plain lazy, don't over analyze it, just put on your shoes and go.

The first 5 minutes will be grueling. You'll want to stop, you'll want to haul those shoes in the drain, you'll swear under your breath what the hell you got yourself into, but trust me after those 5 minutes it'll be okay. Just do.

Best yet, somewhere in the run, your feet will go on autopilot and suddenly you find yourself thinking "What? *insert appropriate mileage* already?
Trust me.

Don't really think of how tired you will be, how fast you are, how slow you're going, how far you're covering. At least, not too much.

At the end, you'll think, by golly she's right. You did that much. You did that far. You did it.

As I mentioned, I struggle with this too everyday. If only runs were not that tiring. Ain't it grand if you can run all day without being tired? This I told him. He wisely nodded, then said " That'll be just great. Right until you drop dead smack in the middle of the road"

Right.

No comments: